Stackable �­�½�µÑ€�³�¸Ñ� (Energia) launcher, as seen with Buran shuttle.

Greetings from here at Hyphen Aeronautics office in Krussia. We make good rocket. Call it íýõрóøÑÂ. Means "Energia" or Energy. We made rocket so you can stack things on top.

AUzayyA.png

Ready to launch our marvelous rocket!

nNHHDAh.jpg

Main motors have started. Getting warm. Would make good hairdryer.

lBSEyN3.jpg

Booster start. Clamps blow. Rocket goes up!

VfCSIA7.png

And up more!

Qnnm1W0.jpg

Ascending above Mother Krussia!

wPmIsYj.png

Boosters blow off. Tiny motors push away so don't crash on rocket.

uxMJ23D.png

Only core motors now. Still rising.

nggxRtu.jpg

Continuing turn. Air is thin!

63wVz3I.png

Motors turned off. Why we use hypergolic fuels! Coasting to apogee.

BuxcyZu.png

At apogee. Burning more fuel to get faster and faster until in orbit.

tVfZ2WV.png

In low orbit. Much fuel for orbital manoeuvers if needed. Payload should pack some fuel with itself so it can go to higher orbit.

Get our rocket. Click

here.

Brought to you by:

Ãâ€ÃµÑ„øѠðÑÂрþýðòтøúõ

~þфøѠò KрþÑÂÑÂøø~

(means Hyphen Aeronautics office in Krussia.)

Thank you for reading. Please tell what you think. Will fix all problems.

Edited by Naten
Fixed download link.

Nice Energia!

One thing though: the payload is supposed to be attached to the side.

Like this:

MyFEScX.png

A Vulkan, on the other hand has a stack-mounted payload.

SYzQ1Zb.png

Also, the Energia uses cryogenic propellants in its main tank.

Edited by Giggleplex777

Well, tried to make a side-mounting Energia with a Buran, but it didn't work. I tried a lot...

Challenge declined. Sorry.

I will make other Russian rockets, too.

P.S. Giggleplex, I didn't make the Energia craft so it can side-mount things because the engine gimbal is crap, and tilting the engines will not work for the whole time.

I am now working on a Proton.

note on energia / buran :) the Zenit boosters are decoupled by pairs from vulkan / energia (basically, the russian coupled two zenits side by side, and used that as a booster for Energia / vulkan : 2 pairs for Energia, and 4 pairs planned for vulkan.

the russians did that to prevent damage to the payloads for Energia (the zenits pairs were supposed to decouple from each other after having clearing the rocket - and later deploy their winglets for making a glide assisted descent and then a parachute landing when the boosters glided back where the russian wanted it. (although for sure, we won't able to 'control' those boosters in KSP :P - we would be too busy to finalize Energia's orbit for looking after 4 Zenits ^^).

Thought I'd show you this, just to prove that a stock Buran is possible (albeit a bit seat-of-the-pants to fly)

JTdHt6U.png

Yeah, but see those 24-77s at the top of the main tank? They're necessary, and unless you can conceal them they look bad. Good Buran anyway! Can it hold a payload?

My Energia can host a Buran, if you add a nose cap and build the Buran. Then, take off the RGU in the main Energia stack, choose the cockpit you want for the Energia, and then build the Buran. Pick up the Energia stack and mount it on the belly of the Buran. People, please show me what you can do with this launcher. ;) I'm sure it has great possibilities.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.